Friday, August 10, 2012

Making SQL Performance Solutions Stick Webinar - August 29


Join me for the 2nd Embarcadero Community webinar in my Performance Series on August 29 entitled "Making SQL Performance Solutions Stick". Registration is now open and I'd love to see you there!

Don't worry if you didn't attend the first session in July. This session will have plenty of new information and does not have any dependency on having to attend the first event.

I'll be talking about:
  • How to adjust statistics collection to accommodate for "sensitive SQL".
  • The differences between SQL Profiles and SQL Baselines and how to implement them.
  • How and when you can fool the optimizer into using a desired execution plan without changing SQL text.

The 3rd and final session, "Making Impactful Performance Changes", will be on September 26 and you can also register for it now as well. I'll post again about that session after the August webinar is behind us.

Hope to see you there!

*** By the way, the last session had several SQL Server attendees, so I just wanted to make sure everyone knows these sessions are Oracle-centric.

No comments: