Saturday, August 11, 2012

Learning to read

Not me...(I learned to read quite a few years ago).  :)

My daughter is learning to read and is sounding out words and leaving notes and signs all over the house. I love it! We've been reading several different series of books together (The Magic Treehouse, Junie B. Jones, Ivy & Bean) and she loves them. I'm thrilled to see her developing a love of reading.

But my favorite part of this adventure so far is her attempts at writing. I watch her concentrating so intensely at her desk and writing each letter. When she first started doing this, I was lucky to be able to decipher anything she had written. But now, I can almost always decode what she writes.

This morning she had left this outside my door for me to find.

Can you figure it out? It's "circus ticket" (srkis tikit). She had created a circus in her room with different acts that she performed. But, I had to have a ticket in order to be admitted. I have to say that it was the best s-r-k-i-s I ever attended.  :)

No comments: