Friday, August 29, 2008

slide:ology


My latest read is a terrific book called slide:ology by Nancy Duarte. There is also a site by the same name with lots of on-going material related to the book which is filled with content from the folks at Duarte Design. This book is going to be right next to my copy of Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds that I posted about back in May.

I'm loving this book so far. It has some great stuff that continues to feed my desire to be a better, more effective and compelling speaker. I've become fascinated by the use of design principles to guide my presentation designs. I've had an opportunity to try out my new presentation style a couple of times now and I find the audience is more engaged and asks more questions and provides more comments and feedback at the end.

So, if you're tired of the same old boring PowerPoint presentation design and delivery that we're all so used to (and tired of), give this book (and Presentation Zen) a read. It'll change you...

No comments: