Friday, October 1, 2010

You know you're a true gadget geek when...

...the power goes off in your home during a major thunder/lightning/rain storm and instead of going to the junk drawer to pull out the flashlight you reach for your iPhone and turn it on so that the soft glow illuminates your surroundings.


I even went so far as to go to the App Store and download a free flashlight app that I then played with until the power came back on. I used my nifty new little app to light my way to the water cooler to refill my water bottle and then returned to the comfort of my couch to play with all the different flashlight choices in the app until the power came back on several minutes later.

Actually it's kinda scary to think that I've crossed some line that makes my iPhone the "go to" solution in almost any situation.

2 comments:

Connor McDonald said...

Same here.... when my kids aren't behaving I throw my iphone at them :-)

Karen said...

I just upgraded to the iPhone 4 for my birthday. I cleaned up my old phone for my daughter's use (I had more apps on there intended to entertain her than I had for myself) and now I'll keep my new phone strictly to myself. So, when I throw an iPhone at her, it'll be the old one and I won't worry so much about breaking it! :)