Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day

So, I heard that according to the groundhog, we're to expect 6 more weeks of winter. Given the odd weather we've had here in Portland this winter - from more snow than has been seen in years to days of absolutely freezing temps and biting winds with sunny skies (which is very unusual for the typically grey and dreary weather we usually see this time of year) - I almost expect volcanoes to erupt (possible since we're near Mt. St. Helen's) or a swarm of locusts to engulf the city!

I think Bill Murray said it best in the movie GroundHog Day.

4 comments:

jan van mourik said...

I like that movie, was watching it last night actually!

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robert said...

The January over here in Germany was also significantly colder and sunnier than the average. *shudder* Btw, I just realize that you seem to be further to the South than me (45deg N vs. 51deg N)...

Greetings

Cheryl said...

That's one of our all time favorite movies, and it does sum up how I often feel about winter. However, a couple of years ago, my cousin moved to Barrow, Alaska. Whenever we feel sorry for ourselves, we check the weather forecast there. Try it sometime, it's amazing how much better (and warmer) you feel afterward. Happy winter, friend!